Code of Conduct
Thank you for being part of our community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some rules for participation. Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, please contact the membership team.
By joining and using this community, you agree:
- that you have read and will comply with the Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) set out below;
- to reserve discussions, shared files and content for this medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation; and
- that you are entering into a legally binding contract on the terms and conditions below in respect of your use of the community.
The AUP comprises binding terms and conditions including:
- Acceptable Use rules;
- discussion group etiquette; and
- community terms and conditions.
Acceptable use Rules
In using this community and positing material to this community, you agree not to, and agree not to assist or abet anyone else to:
- post material that could be considered prejudicial, racist, off-topic, inflammatory, repetitive, discriminatory, defamatory, vexatious, insensitive, offensive or otherwise inappropriate or unlawful;
- use abusive, vulgar, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening language or otherwise violate any law;
- infringe the copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights of any party;
- post material that contains private and/or personal information such as phone numbers and email addresses;
- seek medical advice (consult your local medical professional) or disclose personal health information;
- promote commercial services and products, or causes;
- post spam (e.g. posting with such frequency or repetitiveness that others may be discouraged from posting, posts that are irrelevant to the topic and/or the AMA’s mission, and ‘follow me’ posts;
- post or contribute to trolling (defined as comments that appear intended to send the discussion in a fruitless direction);
- link inappropriately to other web pages or sites, personal or otherwise
Discussion Group Etiquette
You agree to comply with the following:
- Respect others. Focus on the content of posts and not on the people making them. Please extend the benefit of the doubt to newer guests and members; there’s no such thing as a stupid question.
- Respect the purpose of the community. Use the community to share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, questions, and goals instead of products or services that you provide. If you’ve found a product or service helpful, please share your experience with the group in a respectful way.
- Use caution when discussing people, products, services and information. Information posted on the discussion groups and in the libraries is available for all to see.
- Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response by eliminating "noise."
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link in every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and re-join under your new email address. Simply change your settings.
Please note that all discussions, posts and material in this community may be moderated by AMA Queensland. AMA Queensland reserves the right to:
- not display any material or post or discussion;
- permanently or temporarily ban a member from posing material, being involved in a discussion or contacting members for any reason including a breach of the AUP;
- ban a member permanently or temporarily at any time including before a member makes their first post or enters their first discussion by notifying that member by email;
- take down any material, post or discussion at any time;
- withdraw the community for any reason;
- notify relevant authorities of material it considers unlawful; and
- make comments or posts on any matter.
Terms and Conditions
The below are additional legally binding terms and conditions which you agree to by using the community. Please do not use the community if you do not agree to these terms and conditions.
This site is provided as a service for the members of AMA Queensland. I accept that my login credentials are provided to me as an AMA Queensland member and are not to be shared. I take full responsibility for all activity arising from my login credentials even if I did not undertake that activity. AMA Queensland is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by AMA Queensland or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall AMA Queensland be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the intellectual property rights with respect to such material or has received permission from the rights owner. In addition, the posting party grants AMA Queensland and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
AMA Queensland does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of AMA Queensland we will take all appropriate action.
AMA Queensland reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization except as noted below.
With Whom Do We Share the Personal Information We Collect Through This Site:
Our Service Providers
We may share your personal information with companies (including our affiliates) that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that help process credit card payments. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf.
Government and Legal Disclosures
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.
Remember The Risks Whenever You Use The Internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition other internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies. For any other information please contact us using the Contact Us page.